I am a big fan of baking during the weekends with my son. It keeps us both busy and away from the TV.
Today we made gluten-free chocolate crinkles with a little twist, it contained almond butter. =)
This recipe makes about 20 cookies.
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 175° F.
- In a large bowl, combine gluten-free flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, cream coconut oil, sugar and almond butter until somewhat fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour in dry ingredients, little by little until well combined.
- Drop tablespoonfuls onto confectioners sugar and cover, place balls onto parchment paper and bake for 8 minutes. They WILL flatten out on their own.
- Make sure not to over bake.
Now the hardest part, wait until it cools down!! It WILL deflate. =) Enjoy!