Ok, I know this sounds odd… but I needed to “up” my dessert game. I was supposed to make thai sticky rice with mango, for a friend, but ended up with this concoction.
I made pumpkin spice coconut jam a week ago, and used it for this recipe. Let me elaborate on the “it’s so weird but so gooooood” part: I just made mango fruit leather (literally just mango puree, baked in the oven on 70°C, for 3 hours), my pumpkin spiced coconut jam (think vegan dulce de leche with a hint of pumpkin spice) and made the sticky rice the night prior. For some reason, the thought of sushi was taking over, so I let the ideas meet–and voilà! —an awesome dessert.
Here’s what you need:
- Pumpkin spiced coconut jam
- sweet dessert rice or Thai sticky rice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- sea salt
- mango fruit leather
- dried coconut
- Make sticky rice. in a small pot, mix together rice, coconut milk and water. Bring to a boil and cook on low heat for 40 minutes, or until rice is cooked. Add a pinch of sea salt and stir. Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely. I made mine a day ahead and kept it in the refrigerator.
- Cut mango fruit leather into 2 x1 inch strips
- Assemble: Spoon rice out, about a heaping tablespoon… place coconut jam into the center, top with dried coconut and “wrap” with mango fruit leather.
Serve at room temperature and enjoy!