I am a fair mix of Asian. So there is no surprise that I love salty, “melts in your mouth”marbled fat with soy based sauce bathing my rice. In other words, I love me some filipino adobo… But this recipe is my gluten-free version, that’s kind of adobo, but it’s not.
Adobo calls for vinegar, garlic, and soy sauce. I tweaked this recipe a fair bit because I wanted it to be gluten free (Soy sauce has gluten), without vinegar and have more flavor.
Here’s what you’ll need:
A pressure cooker. If you don’t have one, buy one. This can help make curries, stews, ribs and any meat “fall-off-the-bone” tender, while cutting the cooking time in half.
- 1 kilo pork ribs
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup tamari
- 8 cloves garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 3 medium sized potatoes, quartered and cooked separately.
- Rinse pork.
- Place all ingredients (except cooked potatoes) and cook in pressure cooker for about 20 minutes. Release pressure and add potatoes. Serve with rice and enjoy!