Food, in general, is already a weakness of mine, like, good food can fix anything, or at least make the situation better… But dessert, that’s a whole ‘nother beast that I cannot always resist.. So, I promised myself that when I did have dessert, I’d make it.
This is my “no-fail” chocolate cake recipe:
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour ( I use the brand, Schär)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (make sure it’s good quality cocoa powder)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup lactose-free milk (I’m allergic to lactose, but normal milk will do)
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil or any vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- instant coffee powder (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 175 °C
Line 30cm x 23cm pan with parchment paper for easy clean up.
In a big bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add the eggs, lactose-free milk, oil, vanilla, instant coffee, give it a stir. Lastly, pour in boiling water, stir well.
This WILL be runny, but don’t worry, it will turn out AH-MAAAZING!
Bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I’ll post the recipe for the ganache soon! Enjoy!