Homemade seasoning blends are staples in our home. I usually make bigger batches of them, store in an airtight container and I have it ready for use.. I’ve stopped using packaged seasoning since I’ve found how easy it is to just make your own.
Here’s what you need for taco seasoning mix:
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Store in an airtight container.
- While browning your protein of choice, for every 1/2 kilo of protein, use 1 tablespoon of seasoning. You can always adjust to taste. I usually sauté onion and garlic before adding the protein, then add the seasoning blend. Enjoy!